Grown on fumigated, 90% sand-based soil that is virtually identical to USGA putting green specifications, our Greens-Quality Bentgrass sod removes the need for removing the soil before installation and minimizes layering problems. And, as one of the southern-most bentgrass sod growers in the country, Buy Sod provides premium bentgrass that is already adapted to the heat and humidity of our transition-zone climate.
We offer the most popular bentgrass varieties and blends, or you can contract with us to grow the blend of your choice. For tees, we can also provide bentgrass grown on native soil. Let Buy Sod put you on course for championship quality!
Buy Sod’s Greens-Quality Bentgrass is a cool-season variety suited for Hardiness Zones 6a, 6b, 7a, and 7b.
Attributes and Benefits
- Grown on 90% sand-based soil = rapid sod establishment and minimal soil layering.
- Methyl-bromide fumigated soil = elimination of weed seeds, bacteria, fungi and nematodes.
- Contract-grow your choice of varieties = get exactly what you want.
- Different mowing heights available = suitable for greens and/or tees.
- Sunlight Requirement: Best performance with at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day.
- Mowing: 0.125” to 0.187” for putting greens; 0.25” to 0.50” for tees.
- Fertility: Recommended 2 to 4 lbs. N/1,000 ft2/year.
- Weed Control: All herbicides labeled for use on bentgrass can be safely applied to Buy Sod’s Greens-Quality Bentgrass. Always follow label instructions.
- Disease Control: Bentgrass requires seasonal preventive fungicides. Always follow label instructions.
Professional Management: Bentgrass requires professional management and is not recommended for non-golf applications.
- Golf — putting greens and tees
Buy Sod constantly evaluates new bentgrass varieties and has different blends available. Or contract with us to grow exactly the variety or blend that you want.
|Fineness of Blades|
|Speed of Recovery|