Select is a premium mixture of 90% turf-type tall fescue and 10% Kentucky bluegrass, custom blended with advanced cultivars with excellent drought recovery, exceptional shade tolerance and improved resistance to brown patch. Also, due to its network of underground rhizomes, the bluegrass component provides a level of wear recovery not found with straight fescue. All these benefits provide the beautiful, year-round-green lawn or commercial utility turf you expect from tall fescue, plus more.
Sold exclusively in the Carolinas and Virginia by Buy Sod through SiteOne Landscape Supply branches, Select is, hands down, the best-performing fescue/blue mixture available on the market.
Select tall fescue/bluegrass mixture is comprised of cool-season varieties suited for Hardiness Zones 6a, 6b, 7a and 7b.
Attributes and Benefits
- Top-performing mixture each year = peace of mind.
- Superior drought and traffic recovery = less reseeding.
- Excellent shade tolerance = versatile.
- Improved disease resistance = fewer fungicide inputs.
- Cool-season grass mixture = green year-round.
- Sunlight Requirement: Best performance with 4 to 6 hours of sunlight.
- Mowing: Best maintained at 2.0” to 4.0” mowing height (rotary mower).
- Fertility: Recommended 3 to 4 lbs. N/1,000 ft2/year, applied in fall and early spring (do not fertilize in late spring or summer).
- Irrigation: Performs best with 1” of water per week, especially in summer. May require more in sandier soils during extended dry periods.
- Disease Control: Tall fescue can be susceptible to brown patch. Treat preventatively on high-end properties during summer months or curatively (as needed) on low-maintenance applications. Always follow label instructions.
- Weed Control: All herbicides labeled for use on turf-type tall fescue and bluegrass can be safely applied to Buy Sod’s Select. Preemergents should be applied in early spring to control crabgrass and other summer annual weeds. Always follow label instructions.
- Insect Control: All insecticides labeled for use on turf-type tall fescue and bluegrass can be safely applied to Buy Sod’s Select. Monitor for white grubs in spring and summer, and control accordingly. Always follow label instructions.
- Rejuvenation: May require reseeding in fall to repair high-traffic or bare areas.
- Landscape — moderate to high-maintenance lawns and commercial landscapes, particularly in shaded areas.
- Parks and cemeteries.
- Golf — roughs.
Select fescue/bluegrass sod is specially formulated each year with top-performing varieties that have exhibited resistance to typical stresses such as drought, insects and disease.
|Fineness of Blades|
|Speed of Recovery|