The exclusive grower/distributor of Champion Dwarf bermudagrass sod on the East Coast, Buy Sod can help you restore your Champion putting greens to their competitive glory, from patching and repairs to complete replacement. Or, if your course is considering a full greens conversion to Champion, we can now contract-grow your sod, cutting your course’s downtime to only two or three weeks.
Grown on 90% sand-based soil that’s virtually identical to USGA putting green specifications, our Champion Dwarf bermudagrass sod is ready to install the moment it arrives at your site. Let Buy Sod get your greens in Champion-ship shape, without missing a stroke.
Champion Dwarf bermudagrass is a warm-season variety suited for Hardiness Zones 7B, 8A and 8B.
Attributes and Benefits
- Fast, ready-to-play establishment = less downtime and play disruption (2 to 3 weeks), compared to sprigging (6 to 8 weeks).
- Reduced maintenance, compared to bentgrass = cost savings.
- 90% sand-based soil = rapid sod establishment and avoidance of soil layering.
- Methyl-bromide fumigated soil = elimination of weed seeds, bacteria, fungi and nematodes.
- Aggressive and dense lateral stems = rapid recovery from injury and overseeding.
- Mow as low as 0.100” (1/10”) = championship quality and stimp ratings.
- Sunlight Requirement: Maintains very high density even in partial shade. Best performance with at least 8 hours of sun.
- Mowing: Exceptional tolerance of close mowing as low as 0.10” (1/10”).
- Fertility: Recommended 2 to 3 lbs. N/1,000 ft2/year.
- Weed Control: All herbicides labeled for use on ultradwarf bermudagrasses can be safely applied to Buy Sod’s Champion Dwarf bermudagrass. Always follow label instructions.
- Disease Control: Champion is resistant to most turfgrass diseases. Treat as required, and always follow label instructions with fungicides.
- Insect Control: All insecticides labeled for use on ultradwarf bermudagrasses can be safely applied to Buy Sod’s Champion Dwarf bermudagrass. Always follow label instructions.
- Professional Management: Champion requires professional turf management, including verticutting and topdressing, and is not recommended for non-golf applications.
- Golf — putting greens and tees.
Champion Dwarf bermuagrass was the first ultradwarf cultivar, released in 1995 by Champion Turf Farms in Bay City, Texas (www.championturffarms.com). Until now, Champion was available only by sprigging or ordering sod shipped from Texas. Today, Buy Sod is the region’s exclusive grower and distributor of Champion Dwarf sod on the entire East Coast.
|Fineness of Blades|
|Speed of Recovery|