Seeking supremacy? TifGrand reigns over most other bermudagrasses. Exceptionally fine bladed and dense, it provides a soft yet resilient surface that provides exceptional traffic tolerance. TifGrand also requires less fertilizer to maintain its deep-green color, and its extensive root system and rhizomes give it excellent drought resistance and cold tolerance.
Even more impressive, nine years of university testing proved that TifGrand thrives in both full sun and moderate shade, a unique quality among bermudagrasses. Setting a high standard for premium bermudagrass, these superior qualities and genetics have propelled TifGrand to a favored spot among demanding golf superintendents, sports turf managers and landscape professionals across the Mid-Atlantic.
TifGrand bermudagrass is a warm-season variety suited for Hardiness Zones 7A, 7B, 8A and 8B.
Attributes and Benefits
- Superior performance in sun and moderate shade = versatility.
- Extremely dense and fine bladed = outstanding traffic tolerance.
- Deep, extensive root system = exceptional drought resistance.
- Can be mowed at 0.25″ to 2.0” = appropriate for multiple uses.
- Natural deep-green color = visually striking with reduced inputs.
- Excellent non-preference to tawny mole cricket = fewer pesticides.
- Extensively tested — 23 tests in 19 states in independent NTEP trials, 9 years of trials for insect resistance and shade tolerance and 7 years of practical application (golf and landscape) evaluation.
- Sunlight Requirement: Grows well in full sun or moderate shade. Best performance with at least 6 hours of sun per day.
- Mowing: Best maintained at 0.25” to 0.75” (reel mower) or 1.0” to 2.0” mowing height (rotary mower).
- Fertility: Recommended 2 to 3 lbs. N/1,000 ft2/year.
- Weed Control: All herbicides labeled for use on bermudagrass can be safely applied to Buy Sod’s TifGrand. Always follow label instructions.
- Insect Control: TifGrand has exhibited excellent non-preference to tawny mole crickets. Always follow label instructions with insecticides.
- Golf — fairways, tees and short-cut chipping areas.
- Sports — higher-end athletic fields where professional quality is desired.
- Landscape — Commercial and residential applications with sun or moderate shade.
TifGrand was developed by USDA-ARS in cooperation with the University of Georgia at the Coastal Plain Experiment Station in Tifton, GA. It was released to licensed growers in 2010.
|Fineness of Blades|
|Speed of Recovery|