Ideal for lawns, sports fields and golf courses, TifTuf bermudagrass promises to be a true game-changer in stellar yet environmentally friendly performance. Providing unbeatable drought tolerance, it uses 38% less water than industry standard Tifway 419, and it is significantly more drought resistant than all other bermudagrasses.In addition to its incredible drought tolerance, TifTuf provides superior wear and traffic tolerance (even better than Celebration), excellent cold tolerance (equal to Latitude 36 at Kansas State University), fast spring green-up and excellent fall color retention. In the 2015 NTEP trials, TifTuf was the highest-ranked cultivar in North Carolina, Alabama and Mississippi, and across all 17 locations overall, it was the highest-ranked, commercially available cultivar. TifTuf will not only pay for itself in water savings, but more importantly, it will create sustainable landscapes, golf courses and athletic fields for the future. In fact, it will soon become the ultimate must-have grass for turfgrass professionals who are concerned about water use. Undeniably, TifTuf is an astounding breakthrough product for turf managers and property owners seeking performance, aesthetics and sustainability. TifTuf bermudagrass is a warm-season variety suited for Hardiness Zones 6B to 11A.
Attributes and Benfits
- Most drought tolerant of all bermudagrasses = easy on the environment and turf-manager budgets.
- Rigorously tested for more than two decades, in both university and NTEP trials = reliable performance.
- Top ranked in turfgrass quality = rugged, yet beautiful.
- Fine textured and dense = outstanding wear tolerance.
- Can be mowed at 0.50″ to 2.0″ = appropriate for multiple site uses.
- Sunlight Requirement: Best performance with at least 8 hours of sun per day.
- Mowing: Best maintained at 0.50″ to 1.0″ (reel mower) or 1.0″ to 2.0″ mowing height (rotary mower).
- Fertility: Recommend 3 to 4 lbs. N/1,000 ft2/year.
- Insect Control: All insecticides labeled for use on bermudagrass can be safely applied to TifTuf. Always follow label instructions with insecticides.
- Weed Control: All herbicides labeled for use on bermudagrass can be safely applied to TifTuf bermudagrass. Always follow label instructions.
- Golf — fairways, tees and roughs.
- Sports — medium- to high-end athletic fields.
- Landscape — home lawns, commercial properties.
The newest “Tif” cultivar from the University of Georgia bermudagrass breeding program, TifTuf was specifically selected for drought and wear tolerance from 27,700 other genotypes. After being rigorously developed and tested (under experimental name DT-1) for two decades under extreme stresses, TifTuf was jointly released in 2016 by the University of Georgia and the USDA Agricultural Research Service.
|Fineness of Blades|
|Speed of Recovery|